Why is Django Used??
Have you ever imagined your life without the Web-applications?How these Web-applications are developed?
There are tools that can make web application development easier.A Web application framework is one of such tools, since a framework is usually a set of libraries and tools that help to build a web app, it requires higher programming skills. That does not purely mean if you want to develop a web app, a web application framework is a must. Yet, it can significantly speed up and simplify your work, as well as help you create a responsive and more engaging web app.
What is Django:
Django (/ˈdʒæŋɡoʊ/ jang-goh) is a free and open source web application framework, written in Python.As you all know that framework is a set tools of that helps in developing web application and its functionality easier and faster.Do you think that it becomes very easy to create a new site or application when readymade items are avilable to you?Frameworks are also these raedymade items used to create new sites.
To understand what Django is actually for, we need to take a closer look at the servers. The first thing is that the server needs to know that you want it to serve you a web page.
Imagine a mailbox (port) which is monitored for incoming letters (requests). This is done by a web server. The web server reads the letter and then sends a response with a webpage. But when you want to send something, you need to have some content. And Django is something that helps you create the content.
When a request comes to a web server, it’s passed to Django which tries to figure out what is actually requested. It takes a web page address first and tries to figure out what to do. This part is done by Django’s url resolver (note that a website address is called a URL – Uniform Resource Locator – so the name url resolver makes sense). It is not very smart – it takes a list of patterns and tries to match the URL. Django checks patterns from top to bottom and if something is matched, then Django passes the request to the associated function (which is called view).
Uses of Django:
- Django is time based- Django is the first framework to respond to new issues and vulnerabilities and alter other frameworks to make patches to frameworks. The latest release of it is focusing on new features and boundary case problems.
- Application Development- The framework has templates, libraries, and APIS, which work together to build the application. In general, applications developed using Django can be upgraded with minimal cost, changes, and additions, and it makes a lot of web development easier.
- Operating System Development- Django framework runs on any platform like PC, Windows, Mac, Linux etc. It provides a layer between the developer and database called ORM (object-relational mapper), which makes it possible to move or migrate our applications to other major databases with few lines of code change.
- Django framework is very easy to use.
- Community Support- Django community is one of the best communities out there as it is governed by the Django software foundation, which had some rules like for event there is a code of conduct.
- DRA (Don’t repeat yourself)- Django framework follows the don’t repeat yourself principle as it concentrates on getting the most out of each and every line of code by which we can spend less time on debugging or code re-orientation etc.
- Batteries of Django- Django framework has everything to build a robust framework with main features as below:
- Template layers,
- Forms, development process,
- Views layers, security,
- Model layers, python compatibility,
- Localization, performance, and optimization
- Geographic framework, common tools for web application development
- Other core functionalities required for websites.
As Django can be used to build any type of website with the help of its frameworks like content management, Wikipedia pages, social networking applications, chat applications, and websites like Mozilla, Instagram, Pinterest, BitBucket etc. Django can work with any client-server application and able to deliver content in any form (HTML, Text, JSON, XML, RSS etc).Thus there are so many uses and benefits of Django.
Comment below if want to know more about views, forms, response, framework, installation, benefits and other details about Django.